Enhancing Security in Apartments for Rent in Houston, Texas
Feeling Safe In Your Houston Apartment
No matter which cheap apartments in Houston, Texas, that you live in, you'll want to feel safe. There are no guarantees that you'll never be a victim of crime, but you can take some steps to help protect yourself.
When you visit a Houston apartment complex you're considering, check to see that it has the security devices required by Texas law. All rent houses, condos, town apartments and apartments for rent in Houston, Texas, must have these devices, provided at the property owner.s expense.
If you are concerned about crime in a complex of cheap apartments in Houston, Texas, or in the area, ask leasing agents or the apartment manager to check with the local Houston Police Department for any information it can provide about reported crimes or incidents. The law requires rental leasing agents, apartment managers and property owners to answer all questions truthfully.
- a keyless deadbolt or keyless bolting device on all exterior doors
- a keyed deadbolt or door handle lock on a main entry door
- a pin lock on each sliding glass door
- either a door handle latch or a security bar on each sliding glass door
- a peephole or clear glass pane in all exterior doors
- a window latch on each window
Remember, no one can guarantee that any neighborhood, apartment or home will be safe from crime. Crime occurs everywhere in Houston. You should always take sensible precautions to protect yourself, your family and your apartment.